Friday, June 11, 2010

Zucchini Bread

I know everyone has the best zucchini bread recipe, but it is always fun to try a different one. This one doesn't taste healthy at all. It is so yummy!!! In fact, I pulled them out of the oven and before I knew it, I had eaten a small loaf all by myself!!! And yes, I did say that I'm on a diet this week! When I took them out of the oven I realized that I forgot to mix brown sugar and cinnamon and crumble it on the top. It makes it look really good and gives it more of a crusty crust on top.


3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
2 tea van
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tea baking soda
1/4 tea baking powder
1 tea salt

Optional:
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

I'm allergic to walnuts so I substitute them for a couple handfuls of miny chocolate chips! I love chocolate!!!

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 8x4 inch loaf pans. ( I use what I have!)

In a large bowl, beat eggs till light and frothy. Mix in oil and sugar. Stir in zucchini and vanilla. Combine flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, and salt; them mix into egg mixture. Add nuts or chocolate chips. Divide batter into pans.

Bake at 325 for 50 to 70 minutes, depending on pan size!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great!! I love zucchini bread, its the best when the garden is giving me more zucchini than I know what to do with. Thanks for the great recipe, I'll give yours a shot for sure!

    ReplyDelete